Monday, November 29, 2010

i'm gonna harden my heart, i'm gonna swallow my tears...

Today I feel quite accomplished. I was heading to work on King Street and someone stopped me to ask how to get the Rogers Centre and I was able to give them directions, instead of just saying "um no maybe you can give ME some directions" for once! Oh, the little things...

On the other hand, it snowed yesterday. Ok so maybe it was just a little bit and melted quickly, but I was kind of hoping it would hold out until late December...but no. It was pretty chilly Friday and I woke up to a white blanket covering the city on Saturday. Oh well, Thanksgiving hath past and snow hath fallen, so I'll just use that as an excuse to start listening to Christmas music!

I also spent my first Thanksgiving away from home on Thursday. It was slightly depressing. Not just that I was away from home, but I had no other Thanksgiving dinners to crash or anyone to invite to my Thanksgiving For One. (Canadians have their own Thanksgiving in October, and would not be amused by my exotic American Holiday...). It was a cold gray day, and as when I got onto the streetcar to head to the store to get my Thanksgiving-in-a-Box, the streetcar driver and a crazy old man got into a screaming match and were quickly joined by a few others who felt they should be heard as well. So that was fun. I did manage to Skype with the fam for a couple of hours which was just lovely, and I felt like I was partially there. I sincerely missed the homemade goodness of my mother, godmother, sister and brother-in-law though, as opposed to my pre-made apple tart, potatoes, chicken and kraft macaroni-and-cheese. Oh, and then I went to work. But this was a good thing to keep me from sitting at home eating by myself, haha. A coworker even told me Happy Thanksgiving as we were leaving, which made me very happy. It was a good day to reflect on things I am thankful for, especially how well things are going in Canada after somewhat randomly picking up and moving my life here for the next few months :)

Speaking of work, I think it's going to my head: the other day I saw some girls taking pictures in the subway station and my first instinct was to run over and tell them "Sorry guys there is NO photography in the house." Then I had to remind myself I wasn't in the theatre and outside the Royal Alex auditorium people can take pictures if they like...derr.

Aand that brings me to  this week's Best Excuse to Take Photos in House: "But I wanted to take a blue Avatar picture!" I saw this guy taking pictures of his wife/lady friend with a blue tint, and when I told them they weren't allowed to take pictures she literally said, "but I'm trying to take a blue Avatar picture." Well guys you can take your very important "Blue Avatar Photo" in the lobby...I'm sure it will be just as...um...blue.

21st Century Thanksgiving



Little Thanksgiving for One :(

I feel like I had other things to mention, but I can't recall them just yet, so for now I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend and survived Black Friday!

 Ciao & cheers!

ME

1 comment:

  1. You got the Crescents, so that's a legit Thanksgiving meal right there (win!), although I am wary of this whipped topping in a yellow can...

    ReplyDelete